|Nationals of Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam can apply online for an R.O.C.(Taiwan) Travel Authorization Certificate (TAC)|
To be eligible for TAC, all of the following basic requirements must be met:
The applicant’s passport must have remaining validity of at least six months starting from the date of arrival in Taiwan.
The applicant must possess an onward/return air or ferry ticket.
The applicant has never been employed as a migrant worker in Taiwan.
The applicant has no record of violations of immigration irregularities or law in Taiwan.
In addition to the aforementioned basic requirements, one of the following requirements must also be met:
The applicant possesses at least one of the following documents issued bythe United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, any of EU and Schengen countries, New Zealand, Australia, Japan※ or Korea※.
A valid resident or permanent resident certificate
A valid entry visa (including electronic visa)
A resident certificate or visa that has expired less than 10 years prior to the date of arrival in Taiwan; however, applicants who use an electronic visa issued by Australia or New Zealand as the required document must present the valid Australia or New Zealand electronic visa as entering Taiwan.
Note: Nationals of Vietnam can’t use a visa, resident certificate or permanent resident certificate issued by Japan/Korea as the required document to apply for TAC ; applicants from other countries who use a visa issued by Japan/Korea as the required document must present the proof record of entering Japan/Korea.
The applicant possesses an entry visa or resident certificate issued by the R.O.C.(Taiwan) in the past 10 years. However, holders of R.O.C.(Taiwan) entry visas bearing the remark FL (migrant worker), X (others), or P with “Special permission from MOFA” (visa and eVisa for “Project for Simplifying Visa Regulations for High-end Group Tourists from Southeast Asian Countries (Project Kuan-Hong)” ever issued), as well as holders of R.O.C.(Taiwan) resident certificates with stated purpose of residence being migrant worker (移工), are not eligible for an TAC.
- You can only enter R.O.C. (Taiwan) with TAC six times within a one-year period that begins on January 1 and ends on December 31. If you require additional visits to Taiwan, please apply for a visitor visa at R.O.C. (Taiwan) embassies or overseas missions before coming to Taiwan.
- At the time of filing, you must answer all questions fully and accurately. You will be prohibited from entering R.O.C. (Taiwan) if you have entered with TAC six times within the current year.
- An approved TAC is valid for 90 days. Multiple entries within these 90 days are allowed. The holder of an TAC may stay in Taiwan for 14 days, starting from the next day of arrival. If the holder wishes to apply for another TAC, he or she must do so seven days prior to the expiry date of the current certificate.
- If any mistake is made during the online application process, the applicant may submit a new application.
- Online applications can only be made by persons holding valid regular passports. Persons holding temporary, emergency, official, diplomatic or informal passports, or travel documents other than a passport, cannot submit online applications.
- The visas in the aforementioned list of required documents do not include work permits.
- Holders of aforementioned visas bearing such stamps as VOID, CANCELLED, or CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE are not eligible for an TAC.
- With regard to resident certificates or visas that have expired less than 10 years, this means that the time between the expiry date of the resident certificate or visa and the date of arrival in Taiwan may not be longer than 10 years. If no expiry date or validity period is given on the resident certificate or visa, the 10-year period refers to the time between the resident certificates or visa’s issuing date and the date of arrival in Taiwan.
- Applicants who hold permanent resident certificates with no expiry date may enter 9999 for year, 12 for month and 31 for day in the Date field.
- Once the application has been approved, the applicant should print out the TAC. The applicant must present the certificate and the required documents for inspection when entering Taiwan. The traveler will be denied entry into Taiwan if the required documents are not presented.
- Nationals of Indonesia who possess a valid Japan Visa Waiver Registration are eligible for an TAC.
- Please fill in an (online) Arrival Card (https://niaspeedy.immigration.gov.tw/webacard/) for immigration inspection each time before reentry within the validity of this certificate. (When entering the country for the first time with this certificate, there is no need to fill in the (online) Arrival Card.)